Finding quick and healthy meals that the kids will enjoy can sometimes be difficult to find. My Mango Chicken Rice Bowl is a great recipe that has been tried and tested with my picky boys. I’m sure your whole family will enjoy.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the recipe
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep me supplied with caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really.
Only 5 Ingredients
This Mango Chicken Rice Bowl is so quick and easy and it only requires 5 ingredients! Save even more time on busy days by prepping this meal on Sunday by cooking the chicken, and dicing the fruit and vegetables.
Sometimes I use my spiralizer to cut my cucumbers, and other times I dice them. With small kids, I like to keep things interesting.
Make it a Bar
When we serve this recipe and any other rice bowls we make at home, we always serve it as a buffet bar. That way, my boys can choose how much they want to put in their bowl.
I find that when I empower my boys with choices, they are more likely to eat their dinner.
Kick it up a notch!
For this Mango Chicken Rice Bowl, I like to use basmati rice or jasmine rice, simply because I prefer them over other types of rice. However, if you want to make it a bit healthier, you can always use brown rice!
The secret is in the sauce. I’ve tried other Hoisin sauces, but I only use the Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce for my mango chicken rice bowls.
It is so good! And you’ll love it too. You can probably find it in your local grocery store, but if not, here’s my affiliate link ➔ Blue Dragon Hoison Sauce so you can order it online.
Easy Mango Chicken Rice Bowl
- frying pan
- cutting board
- small pot with lid
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 2 Mangos cubed
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 Cucumber cubed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the 1 cup of basmati rice according to the instructions.
- Flatten the chicken breasts with a mallet until thin and even in thickness.
- Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper on the chicken breasts.
- Cook the chicken breasts, 5 minutes on both sides, or until cooked through. Rest the chicken breasts for 5 mintues and slice in thin strips.
- Meanwhile, cube the mangos and the cucumbers.
- Fill 4 bowls with 1/2 cup of rice, top with cucumbers, mango, and chicken. Drizzle hoisin sauce. Hoisin sauce can be warmed, or served cool.
If you liked this post, you might also like: